7 TOP TIPS TO AVOID DISTRACTION AND GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Some people are more easily distracted than others. At some point in business, you will need these 7 top tips to avoid distraction and grow your business. Like all things in life, the key is balance so to help out those of us who are “always willing to help” here are a few disguises that the dreaded “distraction”, uses for its voice…
- You have to talk on the phone to your friends! – That may well be true but save this for the evenings or the weekends. You are too busy to be talking, unless, of course, it’s making you money!
2.You need to get involved in the “drama” and have your say! – It’s not called drama for nothing and unless you’re in the acting business, you have no business getting involved in things that do not directly involve you! Get on with your business
- 3. You are working too hard, you need to take lots of little breaks! – Again if you haven’t set any targets for yourself to earn the break, ignore that suggestion!
- “I really need you to spend time with me, now!” – Unless this person is under 18 years old, get them to book a scheduled time with you are the manager of your time!
5 “I know you’re busy but….” – yes, that’s right you are busy and it’s okay to remind yourself and others of this. You don’t need to reject them outright but again schedule a time to help them that fits in with your programme rather than theirs!
6. Ignore the pings, dings, and beeps of your mobile device, I know it makes you feel wanted and important, but it really isn’t necessary you respond every time. Schedule a time to reply to texts, emails and social media.
7. If you work from home…is it vital that you put the washing on when you are supposed to be completing an important piece of work for your business? Use the weekends to do household chores.
It takes time and experience to discern the difference between a real situation and a distraction, but the clue is in how it leaves you feeling:
Drained? Discouraged? De-motivated? Disillusioned? Depressed? Distrusting? Disturbed?
Yes well there’s the D for Distraction for you, showing up anytime, anyplace and anywhere but believe me it’s not a martini (too young to remember?) and if you need a drink at the end of the day make it a good one! Why? Because…
Life’s too short!
Why not join me in March 2015 at my new “Getting You Up and Running” business workshops? Click on the link below for further details: