By Angela Morris
5 Reasons why networking can be fun in business!
On almost a weekly basis, I meet some wonderful business individuals who in turn become my contacts. When I think about it I have met some excellent people, all as a result of networking.
Many of these people are hardworking individuals who started at grass-roots level then proceeded to build their companies and are still actively building them!
Here are some questions to ask yourself when networking:
- Who are the key individuals I need to connect with to be outrageously successful?
- Which groups, people or companies could be most helpful to my business growth?
- Who can help me to grow as an individual, as well as an entrepreneur?
- How can I connect with them?
- What can I offer them in terms of service?
Here are 5 reasons networking can be fun and how you can make it so:
- Be selective with your efforts- go to an event because you want to not because you feel you have to!
- Create quality connections– make appointments for follow-up meetings on the spot!
- Help others to be successful and it will help you- look for opportunities to synergise
- Don’t just build your network, keep it up-to-date- don’t just collect business cards and put them in your draw!
- Meeting others helps you to think outside of the box- reflect on what you learned from others
You may be thinking “I don’t have time to network!” or “They are a waste of my time!” However, it could be the mindset you are attending with…(just a thought!)
Well, if you do make a decision to go to an event, you should have a fun time with networking for your business. Why? Because…
Life’s too short!
21 ways to make networking less scary and more fun
10 secrets that make networking easy fun and effective
Life’s Too Short (So handle your business!)- an e-book by Angela R Morris
5 Reasons why networking can be fun in business! was originally published on Angela R Morris – Total Business Solutions
By Angela Morris
5 reasons I am proud to be a woman in business!
This week cannot go by without reference to International Women’s Day. That would be so wrong of me! As a word of encouragement and motivation: if you as a woman, have survived the past couple of years running your business, in what has been a difficult economic climate, then a big shout out for you. Keep going…the best is yet to come!
I am proud to be a woman in business. It has been awkward, annoying at times and difficult but would I change a thing? Absolutely not! Have I grown as an individual? Most definitely!
Here are 5 things have I learned we business women are good at:
- We are good a building support networks. I have joined some outstanding groups and have reaped huge benefits!
- We have an excellent skills base to work from. Empathy, Listening and Compassion to name a few of them. They may be gender driven in roots, but who cares?
- We have some of the greatest role models on earth. They can include mothers, grandmothers, aunts, mother-in-laws, female cousins, and nieces, sisters-in-laws and best girlfriends. The list is endless!!
- We are diverse and creative in how we do business. “UNIQUE” is our middle name!
- We never give up. We may fall down, but we rise over and over again!
To all the business women out there both great and small, who are doing their thing in the face of daily challenges, adversities and just stuff…congratulations and happy International Women’s Day!!
As for me? I am a woman entrepreneur who refuses to shrink her dreams to make anyone else feel better! So ladies let’s go for gold! Why? Because…
“Life’s Too Short!”
international women’s day famous quotes
5 reasons I am proud to be a woman in business! was originally published on Angela R Morris – Total Business Solutions